Designed by Veethemes.com Published By Kaizen Template

Peoples Coloring Hairs Opal and Result are Out Standing

The opal hair technique mimics the gemstone’s colorful hues. It’s also a toned-down version of sand art hair, which makes it more wearable for people venturing into the unicorn look" ~ now I KNOW I am old as I did not understand a word of this.

Purple and Pink Opal Hair:

These multicolored styles are so pretty but I’d worry that the colors would get murky once you wash it and the dye leaks.

It takes time, but worth it. before i had red hair, i had purple. i dye my hair at home because my natural hair color is not too dark but if your going to do something like this i'd go to a professional. and for fine hair, my best suggestion is finding a dye for sensitive skin, i use ion and my hair is fine. about once a month i do try to deep condition it with a sulfate free conditioner to keep it that way.


I have been dying my hair various shades of pastel (mostly purple and pink) for years and it never looks bad until my roots start to grow out weeks, sometimes months later. Striaght-up blue doesn't fade that well, but if pink is in there too, it eventually just gets pinker. Also, almost all purple dyes have a pink base & they fade to a bright pink. and purple/blue shades act as a toner, so as bleached hair fades, it goes to white instead of yellowish. Vegetable-based dyes, even on the cheaper end, are very, VERY different from box dyes and do not treat the hair the same way. This has been yr stylist public service announcemen.

Simple Shorts Ones:

It's beautiful, but I can't get over the cost/work of stripping and bleaching your hair that much. Unless you've got the money for a professional stylist, your hair is going to be fried.

We weren't even specifically going for "opal" when my stylist and I planned it out - I was thinking silvery with blue and purpley tones - but as soon as it was blown dry I immediately said "It's opalescent!!!" I was so excited. All the other stylists at the salon were super excited with how it turned out too - this photo doesn't show how it morphs under the light when I shift my head around, it's fantastic. (Also I'm glad to see the Steven Universe fans on here - GIANT WOMEN speaking of which, I'm throwing this article's title out of whack, as I'm non-binary trans rather than a woman, but that just goes to show that opal hair is for everyone.


0 comments:

Post a Comment